The Dirty Portafilter

My corner of the Internet, mostly espresso related but occasionally life will interfere.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Ambrosia, End Of The Bean…

Well, I have finished the remainder of my Ambrosia blend. I have to say that it was quite tasty. Unfortunately, I had to cut into the bag prior to the roast reaching its prime. The plus side to that, I had a unique chance to see how the blend develops over a few days.

I must point out that Caffe Fresco ships the same day it roasts, and while that guarantees the consumer fresh, quality, micro roasted beans, you do have to be patient. If you find yourself almost out of beans when you order a batch (as I did) you may have to go without for a couple of days.

Would you like the blend? As long as you like a medium acidity espresso with hints of spicy floral/fruity coco, I would say yes. It makes a good shot, but it was just a touch bright for my taste (possibly due to my premature use), it did make an exceptional cappuccino for my pallet. Will I purchase it again, yup. On my smiley face cappuccino scale, I give this one a big grin.

I will leave you with a couple of parting shots of the last bit of ambrosia. Up next, Red Star from Caffe Fresco.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home