The Dirty Portafilter

My corner of the Internet, mostly espresso related but occasionally life will interfere.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Blend #22 Day Two

Another days rest, not much more has developed in the cup. I lowered my extraction temp. My first shots were pulled in the 200-202 range. Since I was getting a bit of carbon in the cup, I dropped the temp down to 198. The carbon was almost gone, the floral/fruit notes were more apparent and I noticed some spice I missed on day one. I believe the carbon was masking it. I believe this one has a lot of potential. The next roast, I will go quite a bit lighter with the Brazil/Yemen.

I made a slight grind adjustment, the shot was not as goopy as day one, but was very thick and flowing. The aroma is incredible.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for writing about your blends. Did you intend the Brazil/Yemen to be lighter than the Harar?

    I've your ratio of Harar to Yemen works well for me also.

    I want to try the same blend with Java added.
    Jeff
    Jeff Roasts

     

Post a Comment

<< Home