The Dirty Portafilter

My corner of the Internet, mostly espresso related but occasionally life will interfere.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Metropolis Coffee, My First Real Café Experience

Let me start by saying that Tony (the owner), and Metropolis Coffee hold a special place in my espresso life. Metropolis was my first. It is the one by which all other café’s are compared. Sure, I had espressos from a couple of other café’s (I use the term liberally) but Metropolis was what I would call my first real café experience.

The smells and tastes of that night still linger in my mind. That night I had an epiphany. I realized how much espresso had to offer and how truly horrible everything I had prior to that was. I remember when I thought machine dispensed, whipped liquid of death cappuccino cut with 50% coffee at the gas station was good. I actually tried a sip a month ago just for old time sake. Words can not describe how ghastly it tasted, how our tastes change…

So to you Tony, I must give my most sincere gratitude. All that has come from that point forward was inspired by you. May your beans be perfectly roasted and your portafilters always hot my friend.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you, Dave! You make it all worthwhile.

    Your pal,

    Tony

     

Post a Comment

<< Home