The Dirty Portafilter

My corner of the Internet, mostly espresso related but occasionally life will interfere.

Monday, May 29, 2006

My First Love

This is a completely non coffee related post. It is a pure gloat post. I just wanted to show off my two motorcycles. Long before I started my trip with espresso, my first and still favorite obsession was motorcycles. I started riding when I was around 10 years old, that would be 25 years in the saddle of a motorcycle.

My two current scooters are a 1993 zx6-e1 Ninja and a 2003 GL1800 GoldWing.

My ZX has served me well. I have made several performance modifications but nothing to radical. A bit of maintenance and a lot of care and it runs better than it did the day I took delivery. I have over 50,000 miles on this bike. Hard to believeā€¦

My GoldWing is the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden. I added some high flow exhaust pipes, a bunch of chrome and a backrest. The backrest was one of the best add on parts. It really makes a difference on those long rides. I regularly run a couple of hundred miles or more at a time. My longest run was just about a thousand miles in one day. I rode from Dayton Ohio to Denver Colorado in a day and a half.

My next bike, I am thinking hard about getting a Ducati. I love the sound of the engine and it is as close as I will ever get to owning a Ferrari.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home