The Dirty Portafilter

My corner of the Internet, mostly espresso related but occasionally life will interfere.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Off to the land of no coffee

I am off again to Newark New Jersey, land of bad coffee and elbow to elbow people. I have to go do some work in our data center.

I told our secretary, excuse me, office assistant, that I needed to be in Newark around mid day because I wanted to get a jump on some work. She books my flight and gets my paperwork to me Friday, I leave Tuesday. She booked me on a 6:30am flight! I had to get up at 3:30am to get ready and head to the airport.

Once I got in and made my way to the hotel to check in (9am) I head over to the data center. A stroke of luck, I got back to our cage and went to work on a server when I noticed our tape changer went south. Wonderful!! I spent another 5 hours working on it, most of which was on the phone with Dell. But we finally got the problems resolved and the changer back on line. Now I can actually start working on what I came out to work on.

Once again I searched the local area for a good coffee shop. Since it has been a year since I was out I was hoping that there was something new. No luck, but it is home this evening to see two of my best friends, LaCimbali and Mr. Faema.

At least it was a pretty sun rise as my plain lifted off in Dayton, but I think the office assistants computer will experience technical difficulties when I get back to the office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home