The Dirty Portafilter

My corner of the Internet, mostly espresso related but occasionally life will interfere.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Paradise Roasters Sidamo-Hache Co-Op Part Two

I am nearing the end of my pound. It has been an interesting ride. This is the most unique coffee I have ever tried. Some may find it a little to wild in the cup. This does not lend itself well to a SO espresso. In espresso the flavors are just too intense, interesting to try as espresso, but defiantly not a SO candidate at this roast level. It would make an interesting blender for espresso, but press pot is where this excels.

I have been enjoying it in my French press pot. It is full of flavor, every sip something new jumps out and the nuances shift as the cup cools. In another day the last will be ground but the memory will live on.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This roast degree is not at all intended for an SO but rather to be an extraordinary brewed cup. Trust me at a different roast level this coffee is an equally fantastic SO. Glad you enjoyed the coffee. keep an eye out for an SO version of this coffee in the near future as well as an even more incredible Yirgacheffe of a similar style.

    R. Miguel Meza
    VP -Product Development
    Paradise Roasters

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Carrie D. said…

    Dear David,

    I recently purchased an Italian Espresso machine called a Gaggia. It's a Titanium fully programmable model. This thing is awesome! It cost me a mere $1700. That's all! http://www.illyusa.com/AB1666000/showdetl.cfm?Product_ID=2046 I would love to hook up with you since I am also in the Ohio area. You really need to taste the espresso that this thing kicks out.

    Carrie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home